Your rights, your information and how we use it
Concept Northern is committed to protecting your personal information.
How to contact us
11-13 St Bryde Street
Telephone: 01355 573 173
Information we collect and use
- Information about who you are eg. Your name, date of birth and contact details.
- Information connected to your product or service with us eg. Laptop, warranty.
- Information about your contact with us eg. Email, letter, telephone calls.
- Information that is automatically collected eg via cookies when you visit our website.
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. Relating to your health. This information will only be collected and used where it is needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file. It is saved onto your computer or other devices when you visit our website.
Cookies store small pieces of information. E.g. – They will remember you have visited our website or performed a certain action.
Cookies which are set to maintain your session on our Site
This is a cookie that ASP.NET uses to store a unique identifier for your session.
Typical Content: Randomly generated number
Expires: at end of a session
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you or from a variety of sources including:
- Over the phone when you call us to place your order
- When you complete your order online
- From your disability adviser or employer
- Emails or letters you send us
- Meetings with our trainers/assessors
- Attending one of our training events
- When you visit our premises
- Disability Awareness Events
- Engage in Social Media
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet may not always be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
You have given us your permission (consent) to send you information about products and services provided by Concept Northern and/or selected third parties we have chosen to work with.
It is necessary to provide the product or service you have requested eg. To deliver your order and training. Also to provide ongoing warranties and insurance.
It is in the legitimate interests of Concept Northern eg. To deliver the ongoing support you require
When you independently access our website and provide personal information, this will only be used to fulfil your request and for no other purpose.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean we will be unable to provide you with any of our services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’
These third parties include:
- Your Disability Adviser or Employer Companies we work with to provide additional services e.g. we will forward your details to our Insurer for Insurance purposes if you have insurance included in your order.
- Our regulators and Supervisory Authority eg, SAAS, SFE, SFNI, SFW, QAG
- Law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime.
- Couriers, 3rd party Service Providers for legitimate business reasons only.
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations and only with those as outlined above to keep your information safe and secure. When we share your information, we ensure that the organisation receiving your information has appropriate security measures in place to keep your information safe and to comply with general principles regarding data protection
Where your information is processed
Customer Data held directly by Concept Northern is stored on secure servers in the UK. Concept Northern holds data in various forms, including electronic databases and paper files. It takes all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is adequately protected and processed in line with this privacy notice.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information that is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media will have safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by policies designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
Internally your data is stored on a select few systems, each of which are password protected and regularly backed up.
Additionally, all of our system security is heavily monitored through both our in-house IT Manager and an external agency we employ to assist with this.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information for longer than this period but only where required to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes, act as evidence of claims and relationships, and to enforce its agreements.
The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet. When Concept Northern no longer needs your personal data, we will dispose of it in line with approved company processes. These will ensure all reasonable efforts and precautions are taken to protect the confidentiality of the data.
Your individual rights
You have several rights to how Concept Northern uses your information.
- Right to be informed. You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and who we share it with.
- Right of access. You have the right to access your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the information we on you, you may make a data subject access request.
- Right to request that your personal information be rectified. If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- Right to request erasure. You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Concept Northern to continue to hold it.
- Right to restrict processing. You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
- Right to data portability. You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
- Right to object. You can object to Concept Northern processing your personal information where: it is based on legitimate interests including profiling; for direct marketing: and if we are using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling. You have the right to ask Concept Northern to: Give you information about the processing of your information; Request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processed; Carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should.
VAT No: 612 4273 72 Reg No: 169321