Our highly experienced trainers take time to understand an individual’s needs and what areas they have difficulties with – each training session is then tailored to suit. This individualised training routine ensures the learner becomes fully equipped to use your technology to the full.
Training & Development
Our services extend beyond hardware and software. We offer training to businesses to enhance understanding and development.
Whether your staff require support or you would like to enhance your inclusive company workplace policies, our experienced trainers can offer tailored solutions.
Assistive Technology Training
Our highly experienced trainers take time to understand an individual’s needs and what areas they have difficulties with. Each training session is then tailored to suit. This individualised training routine ensures the learner becomes fully equipped to use your technology to the full.
Everyone who receives Assistive Technology training also receives a free account to our e-learning site. This has many courses relating to assistive technology and is an excellent backup resource to have available.
Where possible, we try to use actual tasks during each training session so employees know how to use their technology in everyday life. For example, during training we may use a current work task to show how using the new technology can make it easier to accomplish.
Each year our trainers are re-trained in new training techniques, re-trained by the software developers and keep up to date with accredited training by the British Dyslexia Association, and the Institute of I.T. Training among others.
What we cover
- A tailored programme to suit an employee’s needs.
- Literacy software
- Organisational software
- Dictation software
- Vision-enhancing products
- Reasonable adjustments
- We cover the key features of the assistive technology provided ensuring full knowledge of software and hardware.
Our sessions last for three or six hours.
Our dedicated e-learning portal – conceptlearning.co.uk – offers flexible learning opportunities for the latest assistive-technology applications and more.
What we cover
- E-learning courses on the most popular assistive-technology software with interactive learning modules, quizzes and rich experiences
- Awareness training to increase knowledge on key issues such as Dyslexia
- Study skills for higher-education success
- Qualifications and training programmes for the definitive assistive-technology experience
- The courses cover the full range of features and are designed to compliment Assistive Technology training.
Courses generally contain two or three hours of learning.
Access to Work
An Access to Work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition to help you start working, stay in work or move into self-employment.
VAT No: 612 4273 72 Reg No: 169321