Our experienced trainers offer tailored solutions according to the needs of the individual. A “one size fits all” approach does not apply. Following a comprehensive needs assessment, a programme of improvements can be identified and implemented by our experienced specialists.
Training & Development
Our services extend beyond hardware and software. We offer training to individuals to enhance understanding and development.
Our experienced trainers offer tailored solutions according to the needs of the individual. A “one size fits all” approach does not apply. Following a comprehensive needs assessment, a programme of improvements can be identified and implemented.
Assistive Technology Training
Our trainers take time to understand an individual’s needs and what areas they have difficulties with. Each training session is then tailored to suit. This individualised training plan ensures learners become competent in using their technology to the full.
Where possible, we try to use actual tasks during each training session so individuals know how to use their technology in everyday life. For example, during student training we may use an essay or project and show how using the new technology can make this task easier.
Each year our trainers are re-trained in new training techniques, re-trained by the software developers and keep up to date with accredited training by the British Dyslexia Association, and the Institute of I.T. Training among others.
What we cover
- A tailored programme to suit an individual’s needs
- Literacy software
- Organisational software
- Dictation software
- Note-taking solutions
- Visual enhancements
- Increased ability to overcome learning barriers
- Knowledge of how assistive technology can help in real-life situations
- Greater confidence and reduced anxiety
Our sessions last for three or six hours hours and cater for individuals.
Coaching & Mentoring
Assistive technology and training are great, but sometimes it’s important to also learn more general skills which can underpin both study and workplace success.
What we cover
- Study skills
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
- Note-taking skills
- Time-management skills
- Life skills
- Increase confidence
- Reduce anxiety
- Stay focused
- Understand the skills behind the technology
Our sessions last for three or six hours and cater for individuals.
Our dedicated e-learning portal – conceptlearning.co.uk – offers flexible learning opportunities for the latest assistive-technology applications and more.
What we cover
- E-learning courses on the most popular assistive-technology software with interactive learning modules, quizzes and rich experiences
- Awareness training to increase knowledge on key issues such as dyslexia
- Study skills for higher-education success
- Qualifications and training programmes for the definitive assistive-technology experience
- Comprehensive assistive-technology courses
- Available 24/7, on-demand
- CPD-certified courses available
- One-on-one support
Courses generally contain 2-3 hours of learning.
Access to Work
An Access to Work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition to help you start working, stay in work or move into self-employment.
VAT No: 612 4273 72 Reg No: 169321